Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sample of Email Scam

Dear friends,
I received two emails from overseas and their stories is "You won Lottery" and "Please Help Me" last week.

These emails requires you to contact or reply the email inorder to proceed to claim the big monies were started 5-7 years ago by the Nigerian group of scam. The claim themselves are from royal family and inheritate huge treasures. If you help them, he/she will give you a big sum.

Example 1
Congratulations you have won US$2,000.000.00 (Two Million Dollars) on Spanish compensation charity program, your email address was selected from a computer ballot draw that was held by FIFA committee in conjunction with Spanish football association.

You are advised to contact our local agent who is your claims agent for more details and pay out of your won prize.
Claims agent contact details below:

Mr. Alex Shukla Tel:+27719085137 Email:alex_shukla23@hotmail.co.za

You are to contact the above claims agent as soon as you receive this email with claim reference number; CFA233 otherwise your prize will be cancelled.
Congratulations once again from members and staffs of this organization.

Yours,
Martina Elguera, Lottery Coordinator.

Example 2:
Hello, I am Barbara Cole, I am 15 years old girl I live in Bolton UK before my father passed away in a car accident 3 years ago, I now leave with my step mother in Warrington, My mother died immediately she gave birth to me. My late father Mr. Norman Cole was a big business man in UK before he died in a car accident 2007 I am the only child of my father, he died 3 days after the accident so he Will all his life savings to me, I have been trying to collect the funds from the bank but the bank MD CEO refused, he said I should present someone old enough so he can transfer the funds to the person that I can’t be in control of the huge amount of funds because I am a teenage and it is against the UK law.

I would have told my step mother to assist me in collecting the funds from the bank but she is not a good woman, my father warned me about her before he died, now that I leave with her I now understand that what my father said about her was true, Now that I stay with her in Warrington she don’t give me attention she don’t care if I am alright or not, all she do is to take hard drugs and bring different men to the house.

I don’t want to have anything to do with her. If I get her involved in this she will use all the funds to take hard drugs. All I wish for right now is someone old enough and honest to help me collect my funds from the bank as I am still a teenage and it is against the UK law. Why I can't wait until i am 18 years is because what my step mother is doing to me is not fair and i don't want her to Influence me with her bank life style i just wan't to leave so i can leave a better life.

I know we don’t know each other but please I need your help if you can assist me to collect the funds from the bank I will give you 50% out of the funds, Then you will help me invest my 50% until I am 18 and I will be staying with you or you will get somewhere for me to stay until I am 18 years old.
If you agree to help me, I will send you a copy of the Will and my picture so you will know me, and I will send you the contact of the Bank and tell you how much is the funds so you can contact them, and I will inform the bank that you will contact them that you are the person that want to help me.

I will be waiting for your urgent reply so I can send you the contact of the bank and my father’s Will and death certificate.

Please this letter has to be confidential, if my step mother finds out about this, she will kill me, and please I need your 100% trust and loyalty because the lawyer I got involved wanted to made away with the money, so I told the bank not to transfer the funds to him, I already promised to give you half of the funds so please be honest with me.

If you are interested please reply me on my email: bcole011@yahoo.co.jp Best Regards Barbara Cole

Example 3

fromMaybank2u m2u@maybank2u.com
dateWed, Jun 1, 2011 at 6:48 AM
subjectImportant message From Maybank2u

hide details 6:48 AM (10 hours ago)

Warning: This message may not be from whom it claims to be. Beware of following any links in it or of providing the sender with any personal information. Learn moreDear Customers,

We detected irregular activity on your Maybank2u account on 31/05/2011. For your protection, you must update your details before you can continue using your online banking. Please visit the maybank website in this message and validate your details on our new server. As a result, we require you to confirm and verify your account information by Clicking Here and completing the confirmation process.

P.S. The Link in this message will expire within 24 hours. TAC will be required during update.

Thank you,
Malayan Banking Berhad (Maybank)



Alert:
1. Ask yourself - Are u really the lucky?
2. Will u simply offer huge money to a stranger? or your friend who help you first?

No comments:

Post a Comment